Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday Quickies - Boston Edition

Yesterday I was in Boston meeting with various people around the city - 7 hours - 5 meetings - 5 different places - which made it feel like a really condensed episode of the amazing race. Some highlights.

  • I took the Amtrak. The guy sitting across from me wore a purple tie on a purple shirt. Other than that he looked like any other professional on the Acela. WTF?
  • I had the oldest, grumpiest, most foul-mouthed cab driver I've ever encountered. He was also a racist. I know because he told me. First thing.
  • I found Chinatown. I've been to Boston a lot, and somehow always managed to miss it. I did not see Evil, however, which supports his claims of being in the real China.
  • The combination of warmth, sun, and a weekend sweep of the Yankees seemed to create a perfect storm of uncommon friendliness, even to a visiting New Yorker. Thanks!
  • I took the last flight on JetBlue home. That same douche in the purple on purple sat across from me again. Awkward.
  • 2 girls on the plane were in med school - the same school that produced that hooker killer guy apparently. They talked really loud about him for the first half of the flight. I think they wanted people to hear them. They wanted us to say "ohhh, you KNOW him?!?! What's he like?!?!?!" I wasn't about to do that. Nice try.