Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Teabagging in the Free World

Political protests are fun. People are all worked up, there are usually hot chicks floating around. It can be a good scene. There's a dark side though. People who are out there earnestly are usually pretty nuts. I remember 2003 when the Iraq War was hot, I attended a protest in downtown San Francisco to soak in the scene. Ostensibly, everyone was there to talk Iraq. As I looked around, I noticed that people were out there representing a variety of interests and agendas, shouting things about gay marriage a ban on nuclear stuff etc.

There's More...
So basically you have no control over what's going on out there. I get that. Still it's a little dangerous. Sure you might be out there because you are some intense deficit hawk. Hey, if that's what you care about, great. Who am I to judge?
But you run the risk of standing next to some libertard nutjob who wants more automatic weapons and no taxes. I mean what if you end standing next to a dude holding a sign that says "End the Fed", like I saw on MSNBC today. Who wants to end the fed? What are you talking about? How would our banking system (such as it is) work without that?

Worse yet, what if you end up standing next to this dude. Not only is he crazy, he's mixing metaphors worse than Manolo on a whiskey bender. What do the Wayans Brothers have to do with anything?

I also think this might lack the purity of other protests. I am not entirely sure how credible this "movement" is. Fox News have been undermining the event by becoming part of the story. .There's a lot of debate about how "grassroots' these things are and the connection between these events and the Boston Tea Party are tenuous at best. Of course, that has not stopped d*uche bag politicians (sup Rick Perry) from stepping in and pandering to anyone who will listen. Of course, idiots that they are, CNN undermined their credibility by just showing up and picking a fight.

You gotta love that Anderson Cooper though. As a master of giving and receiving teabags, he just can't get enough of this joke. I'll be honest. Neither can I!