Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bachelorette Night

Sparks is again on the road, so I am a bachelorette tonight. I just put down the Cha and am settling for a night of Idol, but while I wait around to see if the Cha will go to sleep or talk a bit or decide he needs another stuffed animal/new diaper/one more hug, I turned on the TV and there's a Giants v. Dodgers game on. The announcer says a kid named Clayton Kershaw is the starting pitcher. This kid graduated from the high school at which I taught in Texas. From the same class, another kid named Matthew Stafford became the starting quarterback at the University of Georgia.

Several pre-cocktail thoughts:
1. This is not normal for there to be two very good athletes in the same graduating class, right? I know there are athletic feeders and academies, but this is just a public school.

2. No one gave a hoo-ha about this baseball kid, but boy, did that qb walk on water. Still seems to me that being a 21 year old starting pitcher for the Dodgers is more notable than being a college quarterback.

3. I am trying to recall someone from my graduating class who went on to any kind of public life. Cannot. Can you?
More...

Okay, cocktail time. The Cha wanted Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. See you tomorrow, Sparks!