Monday, June 02, 2003

Target Barrera

I spent this past weekend making a target of myself for pickpockets and other people that would try to take advantage of me. I spent saturday passed out under a tree in parque Ibirapura. That is pretty much how I spent most of my lost saturdays in Central Park when I lived in ny. Sunday I hit a street fair. I was primarily looking for a tour of the center of SP. Apparently, this tour had been cancelled some years ago and the Lonely Planet Guide failed to update (DAMN YOU LONELY PLANET!) So I walked around asking dumb questions and even managed to find to some ecuadorians playing those andien flutes. Have you ever noticed that ecuadorians are everywhere and they always have their flutes. While there I stumbled onto a Brazilian Hip Hop Festival which featured one group trying really hard to be Rage Against the Machine and another group trying really hard to be a tribe called quest. Anyway, apparently I fit in. Because at no point did any twelve year old try to stick me for my money