Tuesday, June 10, 2003

CHEO recently decided to put me and EVIL in our place about this whole Sammy Situation. It was well thought out and accurate (as opposed to most things posted on this blog) He seems a little worked up about this, but I suspect he had just read EVIL's recap of the Puerto Rican Day Parade and was momentarily bummed out about not being young and single anymore.Here is his response:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: CHEO
TO: COB
Subject: Sammy Sosa

I recently read your little conversation about MLB being racist. I cannot believe in any way, shape, or form that MLB is to blame for all the Sammy backlash. I also cannot believe that men making 15 to 20 mil a year have any right to complain. Especially the two spoiled brats in Boston. They get everything they want and still there not happy. What Sammy did was wrong, PERIOD! He admitted it and he apologized for it. Yes, the media has blasted him for what he did.
He's Sammy Sosa. He's held to a higher standard. His fans have forgiven him and that's all that matters. Rick Reilly and Bill Madden are fools if they think his 505 home runs don't mean anything. But, they don't represent MLB. And as for Mark McGwire, the only reason he didn't get blasted was because Andro was legal in baseball at the time. Only the NBA, NFL, MLS and the NCAA had banned it. That makes it different. So, I think you and your boy EVIL there should calm down and not go overboard over all of this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder what set him off? Actually he is right, we were being unclear. We (well at least me, EVIL is crazy I dont know what he is thinking ever) don't think Bud Selig is racist or anything, I thinking more of the reporters and other members of "the institution of baseball". Later, CHEO wrote me back and amended that "All the Dominicans in Amboy are crying bloody murder and it's pissing me off." HEH! Thats great. I think WEB should provide us with the Dominican view at his earliest convienence.