Thursday, June 26, 2003

Evil
I've had a lot on my mind lately and one of those things is canned tuna fish. There's been a can of Bumblebee sitting on top of fridge for the last three months. I can't remember how it got there in the first place but all I know is that it looks a little out of place and that kind of stuff tends to bother me more than it would bother your average person. But even so, I never worked up the energy to move the can into the cupboard.

My apartment has been in the process of running out of food for a week now. It's like the fuel gauge in your car... it can be on "E" but you know there's gotta be something left. It's all a matter of degrees until you're really REALLY out. In the past week, I've found myself being quite pleased at scrounging up goodies like: half a bag of dried cranberries, a bar of semi-sweet baking chocolate, some pine nuts, a Powerbar, 4 slices of bacon, and almost an entire Chorizo. Good deal!

Today, I figured out that actually eating the contents of the tuna fish can would be a Win-Win: I wouldn’t need to fret over moving it any more... and also, I would be eating something. But then it occurred to me: HOW DOES THE TUNA STAY FRESH IN THAT CAN??? I mean, it's about 93 degrees and humid today. And also, it's FISH. Surely, that's not a good combination. I opened the can and sure enough, it smelled and tasted good as new. Who knew??? HOW DO THEY DO THAT? I am currently baffled by this situation.

(Note: This was written yesterday but I couldn't post it because Blogger was down.)