Thursday, June 12, 2003

Evil
Getting a late start today. I spent the morning lying in bed and listening to Stern, which has really started to disturb me lately. They keep running this commercial for the Puristat Internal Body Cleanser. They run that commercial during every break and every time I hear it, I start fretting about what impacted feces matter might or might not be lodged in my intestines. I hate that commercial. It's accelerating my mental breakdown.

A few other thoughts for the day:

1. Yo Big Head, when did I write off the Nets? This is your revisionist history at work again. Check your IM logs. Or maybe you were confused, because I might have been writing off the Knicks all week.

2. Has anyone else noticed that Art Howe says the gayest things? During spring training, he was talking to a group of reporters and said something like, "Have you touched Mo [Vaughn]? He's completely hard." Silence from all the reporters, after which, Howe laughed it off. And just yesterday, I was listening to Mike and the Mad Dog. It went something like this:

Mike: Hey Art, let's start with the good news first. How 'bout that kid Reyes?
Art: He's something, isn't he?
Mike: Well, we know one thing... He sure is fast.
Art: He sure is. And how 'bout his hose?

I was like, WHAT? Mike and Mad Dog didn't know what to make of this either. Apprently, "his hose" was a reference to his throwing arm. DUDE... I've never heard that term used before. I'm just going to assume it was a gay Freudian slip.

3. Has anyone noticed the ads at the top of this site? In case you didn't already know, those ads are powered by Google's "Content Targeting Advertising" feature. Google's ad engine tries to determine what this site is all about and place relevant ads. So far, it looks like this site is confusing the heck out of Google. I'm just waiting for the gay-related ads to come on because, let's face it, it's just a matter of time.

4. On a personal note... Results of the NYC Marathon entry lottery were posted yesterday and I am in. Wooooo. Does anyone know how long a marathon is? I should probably find out at some point.

Yo Chuck, you in NYC? I am. And I am not generally busy except for drinking myself into a hole and lamenting about being in a rough patch. Other that, I am just chillin.