Monday, June 16, 2003

Evil
Hi everyone. I hope everyone had a good weekend being that it was Father's Day and how nice it must be to have a father who loves you. OOPS, nipping potential digression early on. That's not what I wanted to post about. What I wanted to say is...

The block that I live on is pretty low key and out of the way. Aside from a small row of pre-wars, there is a Korean dry cleaner, an auto body shop, and a depot for the city street cleaning trucks. You've seen the street cleaning trucks in New York, right? They are the hulking vehicles with spinning brushes and a water spritzer on the underside. I peeked inside the depot one day and was impressed by the complex structure of ramps needed to house all those street cleaning trucks in a relatively small space. What I can't figure out is... with all the street cleaning trucks leaving and re-entering my block, why is my street SO FREAKING DIRTY? And I don't just mean messy. I've been to Big Head's Washington Heights digs. His street was messy by virtue of having uncollected garbage bags everywhere, but it wasn't necessarily dirty. My street is legitimately dirty, with a thick coating of dirty and grime on the street. Why? Why? My street is dirtier than Christina Aguilera. It's a mystery. If anyone can get to the bottom of this, there might be a doctorial thesis in it for you.

BTW- Does the sports moratorium cover professional wrestling? Because, you know, wrestling is officially "sports entertainment." Wooooooo! WHAT? Wooooooooo! WHAT?