Monday, June 16, 2003

Notes from Rio Trip
Got on a friday nite plane from SP to Rio de Janerio (pronounced HEE-O JANERO) on a TAM flight (pronounced TA) operated by VARIG (pronounced VARGI....someone shoot me). Me and the Charles River Bandit (CBR for short) checked into the Excelsior Copacaba and then went looking for eats, we started walking the wrong way and came across a bunch of hookers, which i guess amused the concierge when we ran back to the hotel because she was lauging at us. I ate far too much Sushi and Rodizio at this place in Ipanema and got ripped off of 2 incredibly strong Ciapiriahas (sp?) The next day we hooked up with CRB's friends and did typical touristy stuff (Corcovado, Pao de Azucar etc)

One funny side note, the crowd at this club we were at, almost started roaring with enthusiasm whent he DJ popped on Rick Ashtley. I suspect that brazilians in general, though great fans of american pop culture have no sense of american kitsch. No one seemed terribly amused by my "Rick Ashtley/Miguel Cruz" shoulder dance with finger snaps, maybe I need to be wearing a sports coat which I could pull down to elbows for added effect. Oddly enough, X-tian's game is just as limited in the southern hemisphere as it is in the northern one. I did not bust out the "do you find my american passport sexy" move though, thats next.

While going up sugar loaf i found myself starring at a chick that jordan from G string Divas hot. CRB promptly pointed out that she might be 14 years old and suddenly I realized that there may yet be a place for the BEF COUNTER (FYI BEF COUNTER:00000000000000000000)