Tuesday, June 17, 2003

i forgot to mention something odd I saw. Last night I went to get a haircut. The barber realized that my portuguese was pretty bad and we would not be chatting very much, so he handed me a stack of brazilian playboys to read while he cut. One thing I noticed is that blonde women dont all shave their legs here. Some might bleach them (???) because its very light. I noticed this the other day while going up SugarLoaf and mentioned as much to CRB, who agreed he had seen it before. Once I saw it in Playboy, I figured that it must be pretty normal. Which is odd I think, not because I got some issue or whatever, but because isn't a brazilian wax a very intensive process to remove a lot of hair from certain areas? I assumed it was named so because people in brazil came up with the process. If this is the case, then wouldn't leg shaving be far more prominent? I dunno...whatever....


As an FYI, my haircut doesn't not resemble Joey Tribianni right now. Considering the language barrier myself and marquoz had to overcome I will chalk that up as a win.