Thursday, March 12, 2009

Genius

Evil

I don't listen to a ton of Michael Jackson music, but then again, I don't hate him either. I have a couple of Jackson 5 CDs that don't get much rotation on my iPod, which is sort of a shame.

Last week's American Idol featured a Jackson 5 song and this week's featured three or four (I lost count). Listening to these adults sing Jackson 5 just reminds me of how much of a genius Michael Jackson really is. As a kid, this guy was singing some really complex shit and singing the hell out of it. Even when I listen to Mariah Carey's cover version of "I'll Be There," I can't help but think that she doesn't hold a candle to young Michael Jackson's vocal abilities. Too bad older Michael Jackson turned out to be such a freak... people don't remember him for the genius artist that he is.