Tuesday, March 31, 2009

American Idol Rewind

90 Minute episodes! 90 minutes!!!! It’s like when the first leaves start turning brown in the fall. So sad. Let’s hope the judges behave themselves and the contestants sing like they give a crap.

Sweet!!! – a wide open song catalog. This should separate the cream (Kris) from the lumpy stuff that sinks (Blind Guy).

So, let's get to the performances after the jump....

More...
Anoop - Frat Anoooooop is back (I wrote that comment before Kara said it). He is soooo good at remembering lyrics!!! Also, he’s wearing a random Michael Jackson chain over his shoulder. And his collar is up, like his 15 minutes.

Megan – Why does her singling voice sound so different from her talking voice? And why are her choices (song, artist, arrangement) so terrible? And why didn't she grow up in Fort Wayne Indiana? And graduate high school in 1994. And have a thing for responsible looking normal guys that drove a Honda Accord and played on the golf team? Why!!!!!

Danny – This is the first time I can remember a fiddle (violin to you yuppies) as an accompaniment on Idol. Personally I think everyone should do it – the most expressive instrument by far. So, is Danny playing the widow card with his song choices? Would you? I’m just sayin.

Allison – She looks like Joan Jett and a Triceratops made a baby. A baby with some serious pipes! I really like this girl, but I’m afraid America won’t, because she looks like the daughter parents aren’t proud to have (sorry Joan Jett) and the peer kids don’t want to be seen eating lunch with.

Scott – Someone find me a tip jar! I’ve got a quarter for this guy. Looks like the stylists finally got their hands on him, but then took a long smoke break and never came back to finish the job. One of his best performances to be sure – but clearly this guy doesn’t have the chops to make it all the way.

Matt – Is it fair that he gets to perform in the crowd? If not, he didn’t take advantage of it. That really blew. That blew so hard. Also, I’ve never heard that song – which makes me feel out of touch – and I’m not going to vote for someone that makes me feel old.

Lil – Well, it was a big song. Celine Dion isn’t small potatoes. But Lil still isn’t blowing me away. She should have sang the phone book after all. And unlike other contestants, I don’t find myself wanting to like her. Sorry.

Adam – I’ve always hated this song. Every frat party I went to between 1998-2002 played this song, and while I liked those parties, I hated this song. This guy just mailed it in this week in my opinion. Also, did Paula rehearse her comments? She must have. I think she wakes up every Tuesday morning and her first task is to prepare her adoring Adam comments.

Kris – He definitely is winning the battle of the white piano playing guys. KillerB2 doesn’t agree with me on this – but I think Kris is in it to win it. Whether or not he will is another matter – but don’t count this guy out.