Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Embarrasing Democrats Part 1

Most of you know me for the pinko that I am. I want big government, gays everywhere (generating awesome dance music day and night if possible), and embryonic stem cell research into accentuating my cheek bones.

I hope you also acknowledge that I am an equal opportunity hater. Sure I think Glenn Beck is frightening and Lou Dobbs is a criminally bigoted, but I also find Keith Olbermann totally insufferable and Rachel Maddow's default smirk face really annoying.

The place where my equal opportunity skin crawls the most is Congressional hearings. We consistently learn a few things from these hearings
(1) Barney Frank is partisan but hysterical
(2) Every member of the House of Representatives is a grandstanding tool
(3) Most of them have no idea what they are talking about

Maxine Waters is the Congresswoman from Watts (LA County). Last week, she was investigated for potentially directing TARP funds to a Bank her husband is on the board of. Yesterday, during the AIG hearing with Secretary Geithner and Chairman Bernake, she made a point of implying that some how Goldman Sachs and their alumni were driving all the bail out decision in such a direction that would be beneficial to Goldman. Geithner almost threw up in his mouth when he realized where this nonsense was going:


Given that over half of our readership are employees at Goldman (according to Sparks), I have to take umbrage here. Shut up please. The people of Watts deserve better.

The incomparable Michelle Bachmann is also on this committee. Yesterday she managed to prove she has no idea how the Constitution and the legislative process works but that's a discussion for another day.