Sunday, August 02, 2009

Sunday Quickies

Evil


* I never thought I'd be writing this, but I'm finding the World Swimming Championships incredibly compelling. There is the whole brouhaha over the high tech suits. How is this different from golf? I don't hear golfer whining about their equipment. But the most compelling thing, to me, about this world championship is Milorad Cavic, a Serbian swimmer who trash-talked the f*ck out of Michael Phelps. Sure, Phelps ended up beating Cavic in the finals, but I still give him props for his outlandish trash talking.

* I've started working out again. But I've also started drinking alone again.

* The Yankees can't beat any team that has the word "Sox" in their name. Hopefully, the Detroit Tigers will win the AL Central and the Texas Ranger will win the AL Wildcard. That way, the Yankees will have an easy run to the World Series.

* I generally find Rick Reilly to be an arrogant douche, but I fully agree with his recent column on why that arrogant douche, Tiger Woods, needs to clean up his act.