Monday, August 17, 2009

Guilt-free

Evil

The thing I hate most about modern journalism is how the media loves to wring contriteness out of people who have done wrong. Listened to the Michael Vick interview on 60 Minutes yesterday and it nearly made me sick. The interviewer, James Brown, did a terrible job. Did he think he was Vick's dad or something? "That was wrong, Michael. That was appalling, Michael."

Not that I am a Michael Vick supporter, but I thought he showed tremendous restraint in answering all the questions without blowing up. The entire interview was one question after another of getting Michael Vick to kick himself in the teeth.

"How sorry do you feel, Michael?"... "I feel disgusted with myself."

"How did you feel in jail, Michael?" "I felt so sick, I cried several nights."

"Why did you feel sick, Michael?" "I felt sick over what I did. I left everybody down. I threw away my career, $135M dollars..."

"Your career and $135M dollars? What about the dogs, Michael?"

James Brown is such a douche. He was trying to get Michael Vick to say that the dogs were more important than $135M. Which Michael Vick DID say. Kudos to him. Tremendous discipline. 

I guess at the end of the day, I just dont understand guilt. I would never run a dog fighting operation, but if I did, I probably would not feel any guilt about it if I did it in the first place. If I had to do one of those interviews, I don't know how I could bear it. I'd probably blow up by the 3rd question and go, "F*CK YOU!!! I did my time in jail. My sentence did does not include beating myself up in this interview. I'm outtie!"