Wednesday, August 05, 2009

KillerB: Wet Blanket Moment

Sitting here in my hotel room, watching the coverage of the journalists who just arrived back with President Clinton. They are all standing on the tarmac, hugging family, giving speeches. The press are falling all over themselves. Talking about the joy, the hope, the miracle of all of this. The journalists are getting the full, 100% heroes welcome.

Which I don't understand. Shouldn't they be getting the full, 100% idiots welcome. Didn't they knowingly cross a river into North Korean territory? Thinking of all the resources and time that have been spent resolving the implications of their their idiotic adventure makes me a little mad.

It also makes me want to do something idiotic, so watch for some interesting news out of LA today. I might light the La Brea tar pits on fire.