Monday, May 18, 2009

Vacation Coming Up = KillerB Getting Excited

KillerB2 and I leave for vacation on Saturday. We're both getting pumped, though in our own ways. I'm getting pumped by really slacking off at work this week. She's getting pumped by really working hard at work this week. Different strokes for different folks.

In all we will be gone for 10 days, which is the longest we've been off since the honeymoon - and the honeymoon was fun, so I'm thinking this will be too.

I'm most excited about the Galapagos. I bought an underwater camera, which arrived in the mail today. In all I'll be in Galapagos for 5 days (sans KillerB2, but with a friend and 18 strangers), and here and there around mainland Ecuador for the rest. Here are the top 4 things I'm looking forward to:

  • Seeing those big old droopy tortoises. What a freak of nature! And then sitting on the boat with a few cocktails talking about those droopy old tortoises.
  • Visiting with KillerB2s extended family. There are cousins I've still not met, so any chance to cross a few more off the list is always welcome.
  • Dinner next Tuesday. Her father has a friend - a french chef, and from what we understand he has a gorgeous house in the old colonial heart of Quito. He's hosting a dinner for us. I'm going to wear a suit, and maybe give a toast in Spanish if I get my act together.
  • Playing tennis at altitude. Quito is at 9,400 feet. What will that do to my topspin lob?