Thursday, May 07, 2009

A Few Things That Don't Warrant Their Own Posts

  • Yesterday on the way home I saw a couple of 20-something women in the park tossing a baseball back and forth. Didn't expect that.
  • I think I see the word "scion" in articles a lot more than I used to. Makes "heir" seem pedestrian.
  • Some sort of film / show was being shot near my house yesterday. Somehow this requires literally hundreds of people standing around near equipment, near trailers, near food, and generally milling around with seemingly nothing at all to do. Sign me up
  • I read an article about action-at-a-distance in the Journal earlier this week. Evil referenced the same phenomenon recently. It's been blowing my mind ever since. 2 photons become entangled - then scientists separate these sub-atomic things by several miles - and watch them. When one moves - the other moves in the exact opposite direction - with no communication (i.e. no time between the movements). If there is communication it is at 10,000 times the speed of light. My mind is blown!!!