Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Idol Rewind - SLASH edition

Slash does talk. And his voice is like a normal adult. And his sentences are complete, average 10-15 words each. THIS....IS.....AMAZING!!!!!!

Duets tonight - nice twist Idol. They must have a high flying marketing executive doing some ideation for them this season. Here is a freebee from me - next season there should be an episode where everyone sings into a hollow pineapple. That would be different.

The intro got me thinking - i bet the GnR catalog is off limits because Axl owns it and Axl is a dick. Kara wore a rock outfit for the rock night. And she pointed really hard when she made comments - that is Rock and Roll!!!!

Adam's hair is like amazing - so he, like, totally hooked Alison up with his, like hair person. Barf.



More...

Adam - Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin. Robert Plant is probably feeling small after this performance. And it was just a so-so Lambert. The bell bottoms are pretty lame though. Even I know that. Also - what's the line on Paula being willing to carry Adam's child. I think 1:1.

Alison - Cry Cry - She's really good. Randy kept it real on her ass though. The jerk part of me wishes she was smoking hot too. That would be really really really really really incredible. And I would buy a ticket to the Idol tour.

Kris and Danny Duet. I thought that unfortunate frat party I went to in the spring of 96' was the gayest thing I had ever done, until I watched this.

Kris - Come Together - Unfortunate song title following his duet with Danny. Also an unfortunate performance. I like Kris, but this bored me. The sucker punch from Kara didn't help much. I bet when he isn't on American Idol he probably watches a lot of the WB. Just a hunch.

Danny - Dream On - If I recall Sparks called this, which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. (GnR reference - anyone know what song?) That little do-do-do-do thing was silly. Worst scream in the history of screaming. Oh - and when you get an A+ for valiant effort, you know you are HOSED. When Paula gives you an A++, you are even more screwed. This was the New Coke of Danny Gokey.

Alison and Adam Duet - Foghat! I love me some Foghat. With outfit changes! These two are really stars when they start pulling off outfit changes. This duet thing is really fun - especially when it works.

Kudos to Simon for introducing a new cliche to the show - "It's a little like eating ice for lunch" Bravo!