Sunday, December 27, 2009

Things That Make You Say GOOD GRAVY!

Evil


NBC Sports has posted a very good gallery of "Decade's Most Infamous Sports Moments." Nothing like a walk-through of other people's downfalls to make a sad, lonely drunk like me feel better about myself. I was familiar with most of the incidents in this compilation, but a couple were totally new to me and I could not help but say "Good Gravy!" as I read them.

#29 of 37: "In March of 2008, Formula One racing chief Max Mosley appeared with five prostitutes in a Nazi-themed sex video." Wow, this guy is checking off many boxes all at once. Good Gravy!

#30 of 37: "Immediately following the defeat of the Blues in the 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs, St. Louis center Mike Danton was arrested on the charge of conspiracy to commit murder. According to the charges, Danton had attempted to outsource the murder of his agent, David Frost, to an undercover police officer posing as a hit man." At least I have to give this guy kudos for standing up to his agent. They're such blood-sucking fiends, those agents. Good Gravy!

One item conspicuous by its absence... Steve McNair and his crazy girlfriend's murder-suicide. What, that couldn't crack the top 37? Good Gravy!