Friday, December 11, 2009

Evil Gets His Feelings Hurt

Evil


The place where I usually go to for massages is quite good. The place is clean, the prices are reasonable, and most importantly, it's the closest massage place relative to my apartment. So for someone as lazy as me, there really isn't any other choice.

But the place has this little quirk. I think they have an unwritten rule that the more skilled a massage therapist is, the more they are allowed to insult the customers. I've been there dozens of times and have encountered four different massage therapists who I consider to be really excellent. All four have insulted me!!! The rest are mostly decent and none of them have insulted me. I've encountered a few that were not very good at giving massages (weak hands), but they were the nicest, sweetest girls. I think there is some kind of inverse law going on here.

I went for a massage yesterday afternoon. Got a girl with strong hands and excellent technique. Needless to say, she was ruthless with her insults. Here are some highlights... err, lowlights:

- "You're the kind of person who works out very little but gets massages very often, arent you? I can feel it in your muscles."

- "You look like you're in shape, but your muscles are very soft. The truth is hard to listen to, isnt it?"

- "Oh my god, you're so pale. Dont you ever go out into the sunlight?"

- "You know, giving you a massage gives me enjoyment as well." ("Why?" I ask) "Because your muscles are so soft. It's relaxing on my hands."

Booo! Evil's feelings hurt.