Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Recognition...FINALLY

I received a promotion at work this week, and I’m pretty happy about it. I was trying to think back to my last promotion and realized something interesting: since I entered the work force part time in 1991, and then full time in 1998, I have never received a discretionary promotion. At my last job, my title changed once as part of a statutory advancement of my entire incoming class, but that doesn’t count.

My career has advanced nicely during that time, but the really big jumps have been between jobs, after grad school, etc. Not promotions. That really surprised me. Surely there were two or three promotions in there somewhere, right? Nope.

Turns out, Catjjy hasn’t ever been promoted either (though she is due for a promotion of sorts in current profession come February). Are we the oddballs here? Are the rest of you Hosers receiving promotions every couple of years? Did KB1 used to be a High Flying Marketing Associate before he became a High Flying Marketing Executive?