Monday, December 28, 2009

Rome

Evil

A while back, I asked you Hosers for TV series recommendations. Many of you strongly suggested that I go watch Rome, the 2-season series from HBO. Well, I finally found the DVD set this past Friday. I started watching on Saturday and by Sunday night, I had finished all 10 DVDs! I wish I could have savored it and watched it over a longer period of time, but man, it was too good. I just couldn't stop watching! Thanks to all you Hosers for the recommendation.

My one minor gripe with the series is that the big fat f*ck of a newsreader is soooo annoying. Why does he have to read the news with such a douchy attitude? Why does he have to make those ridiculous hand gestures when he's reading the news? And how does he get so freakin' fat? Wasn't there a major grain shortage during Season 2? How does the newsreader explain to the citizens of Rome why he still weighs 550 pounds?