Friday, December 18, 2009

The OOs: TV Shows We Liked to Watch: #10

Following the same drill as before, I decided to highlight some of the shows that I thought were important in the last ten years. Same rules as before, but I liked Killer B #1's style so much I am going to do them one post at a time but with a twist. I am actually doing this countdown style. So I have 10 to get to, and sometime around December 31st I will unveil what I thought was the show of the decade
So without further ado...
More...
The Chappelle Show: No show soared higher or flamed out more quickly. White kids everywhere started declaring themselves Rick James, even though most had no idea who Rick James was. People were talking about it everywhere and almost entirely by accident in a way that no one ever talked about Half Baked, even though I always argued we should.

Everyone knows how this story ended. Dave had an incredibly successful second season and then was offered $50MM to do several additional seasons. An offer he accepted then ran away from as he became less comfortable with the show and the pressures of fame and fortune.

Of course, the weirdest thing about all this, was how aware Chappelle was of his undoing as seen is this clip below...

Chappelle's Show
Dave Has $55 Million
www.comedycentral.com
Buy Chappelle's Show DVDsBlack ComedyTrue Hollywood Story