Thursday, July 09, 2009

UH OH

yesterday morning a pigeon flew into my bedroom through the open window. it positions itself on my window ledge in front of the other window, which was CLOSED.

stupid bird (or should I say, flying rat) then decided it wanted to leave and proceeded to flying into the closed window. it kept bumping into the glass and flapping it's flithy feathers all around. some murky liquid also splattered all around my window.

I finally got a broom and shooed it out through the open window.

that must have been a bad omen because an hour later I find out that my outbound flight to shanghai is delayed for at least 12 hours. they told me it's leaving the next day "at some point." so here I am at the airport. the entire flight of passengers is here, about 90% are Chinese people and all 100% are confused. we still have no idea when the flight is scheduled to take off.