Saturday, February 21, 2009

WTF? What Is An Appropriate Response To This?

Evil

Here is the scenario: I try to friend and old junior high school classmate on Facebook. She does not accept but she sends me this note:

Hey [Evil]-
How are you?
I haven't seen you since a brief run-in in high school
I saw one of your comments on an old photo here - it was pretty funny
Anyway I'm not sure if you remember being mean in junior high. Let me know if you do and if you're sorry
Love,
[SS]

What is the last sentence supposed to mean??!! Does she want me to apologize before she accepts my friend request? Because I sure as heck will not do that. Apologize for what? I don't even know. And even if I did know, I would not be apologizing for anything I did as a 12, 13, or 14 year old. I am 32 for goodness sake. Sheesh.

What is an appropriate response to this email? Ignore altogether? Write back? If so, what?