Saturday, February 07, 2009

Special Parking

Evil

My Lonely Planet guide books says that the Shanghai Museum costs 20RMB to get in. But once I got there this morning, I was in for a pleasant little surprise... it's now free! I asked someone about it in the afternoon and he told me that all museums in China now have free admission because the government wants to promote more museum-going. That's neat.

You know what else is neat? This car that I saw right in front of the Shanghai Museum. Mind you, there isn't a parking lot in front of the museum. It's really a plaza and not a place that looks like it was meant to be parked on by cars. So I am assuming that this car had special privileges. Do you see what's special about it?



Here's a closer look:



Whoa! CRAZY. I don't even know what to make of this. Any theories?