Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A (Post) Drinking Life

As most of you know by now, I have sworn off booze on the orders of my ill prepared crackpot doctor. This has been going on for three weeks now. Several observations:

  • What exactly do people do Sunday mornings at 9am? There is literally nothing going on, but I'm awake. Sh*t I'm usually on my way home from the gym by then. What do I do with all this time? Lacking any better ideas, I am debating returning to church.
  • So when you are out and about, what do you do with your hands? Stick them in your pockets? That's weird, I can't fold my arms, looks too confrontational. Seriously I'm stuck
  • Talking to women is also a challenge, usually I am standing there at a bar with nothing in my hands and it makes me very self conscious. So inevitably I end up being all like "yeah, I'm umm not drinking..." and even I fall asleep before I can finish.
I'm totally at a loss...