Thursday, February 19, 2009

Weird Things You Think When Your Brain Is Mostly Asleep

Evil

The cat pic that I posted earlier is a pic that I actually took myself. You see, I am cat sitting this little guy for a few days while his owner is out of town on a business trip. The cat has a name, but as with references to humans, references to cats must also protect anonymity, so we shall call this cat CM.

Last night, CM hopped onto my bed and decided to sleep next to me. I learned the previous night that shooing him off the bed is not effective because he just jumps back on. So last night, I let him stay. But I also had this uneasy feeling: what if I roll over in my sleep and crush the little guy?

Well, sure enough, at one point I wake up and even in my grogginess, I immediately check if CM is still next to me. He is. Then I nudge him a little. He doesn't move. Uh oh! My first thought is that I rolled onto the little guy and killed him.

Then I nudge him a little more. He lifts his head! WHEW. But he looks sluggish. My second thought is that I didn't kill him, but I rolled onto him and left him severely brain damaged. Oh no!

So now I give him a big shove off the bed to see what happens. To my relief, CM finally wakes up fully and scampers off the bed. Whew! I guess I didnt actually crush the little guy. No damage done. Thank goodness.