Monday, February 23, 2009

Chelsea Hotel

KillerB2 and I went to the Chelsea Hotel last night for a fashion thing. While she tried on various dresses, I helped myself to a glass of champagne and wandered the halls looking at the art of various residents that has collected on the walls over the years. This was particularly interesting because in the book I'm reading at the moment - Netherland - the main character lives in the Chelsea Hotel for a while. In one of the scenes he describes some paintings in the lobby - in particular one of a white horse - and sure enough there it was last night. I like it when things come together like that in real life - like when you are walking down a street and suddenly recognize it from a movie, or as the album cover of Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti or something like that.

The staircase was my favorite part though. I think if I lived there I would walk the stairs instead of using the elevator.

KillerB2 bought 2 dresses - which I paid for. Grumble.