Friday, February 27, 2009

$2

I like $2 bills. Ever since I was young I've carried one in my wallet or money clip. I don't know if I believe in good luck, but I do believe in carrying a $2 bill. I don't ever spend my $2 bills, but now and then I'll give them away - a salvation army collection, my nephew, whatever. Back when Xtian and I were playing kickball in the summer I dropped into a deli on the way to our game to buy a Budweiser tall boy. I paid with a $10, and the dude behind the counter, in this dumpy little corner store, gave me 4 $2 bills as change, so I gave them to members of Kicks and Giggles. We won.

Anyway, I went to the bank last weekend, and asked for some $2 bills, because the one in my wallet is pretty tattered. They said they didn't have any, and kinda laughed at me for asking. So now whenever I walk past a bank, I keep can't help but wonder if they have any $2 bills - but I'm afraid to ask now.