Friday, February 06, 2009

The Hose International Expansion

Evil
Hey, we're still holding that Hosers International Conference in late March, right? Because I'm already here in Shanghai scouting out some conference locations, and more importantly, getting the scoop on the evening "team building activities."

If any of you are worried that you won't survive the long flight out here, worry not! My tip for you: flight Cathay Pacific. Check out this pic that I took in the plane bathroom:


How incredibly understanding of them! See, you don't have to kick your heroin (or opium) addiction to attend the Hosers International Conference. You just need to shoot up in the bathroom but be nice and dispose of the syringes in the right way.

(Ungraceful segue...) I spent the better part of my first morning in Shanghai doing some apartment hunting. By 12:45pm, all the paperwork was signed and I was done! Tomorrow, they're getting the walls re-painted and the entire apartment cleaned. Sunday I move in.

One weird thing about China is that the highest denomination bill is 100 RMB (about $14.63 USD). And most business is done with cash. Certainly, business such as renting apartments is done with cash. So apartment hunters end up carrying around a big stack of bills (see below).


Too bad I had to blow all this cash on apartment rent. Because Xtian and KillerB were telling me about all the great "entertainment" that Shanghai as to offer.