Saturday, February 14, 2009

Failing To Make Things Happen

Evil

Sadly, the "Date or Die: Shanghai Surprise" series has not gotten off the ground yet. I've spent most of my first week here just trying to get settled (finding apartment, buying household items, etc). I have 11 weeks left... now I need to get to it!

Slight tangent: didn't Xtian promise to write more Date or Die posts for 2008? Where has he been? Cmon Xtian, we're counting on you.

Anyway, one of my friends introduced me to a friend of hers who currently lives in Shanghai. She's the asian girl in the photo below, second from the right (NOT second from the left).

Really cute right? On paper, she is great. Went to a good school (same school where Evil Twin #1 did her graduate studies), worked at a good company coming out of school (same company where KenTak3 works now). But she had enough of the corporate life and now currently in Shanghai opening her own business, a luxury spa. So let's call her Spa Girl.

Now that I've written about Spa Girl, I bet nothing will ever happen. I am failing to make things happen left and right. I've lost my game. I need some steroids!

By the way, the above pic was taken at a wine and cheese gathering hosted by one of her expat friends. I was pretty amazed by the apartment. It's one of the most stylish apartments I've ever seen, so I had to snap a couple of pics with my phone. Expats are really living well here in Shanghai.