Thursday, November 04, 2004

Gayness for the Day
About a year ago, I downloaded the Postal Service Album - Get Up. I never listened to it, but kept hearing the atari like sounds from their hit - Such Great Heights in movies and commercials. The other day while running I noticed I had put the album on my iPod and listened as I ran. One song stuck out - Brand New Colony - wherein a guy meets a girl and tries to get her to go away with him and build...you know...a brand new colony...which i suppose is a metaphor for the sappy sentiment of building a life together...

What a great song, so great a song I had to sing it on the subway this morning..I was caught singing the following verses

I want to take you far from the cynics in this town
and kiss you on the mouth.
We'll cut our bodies free from the tethers of
this scene, start a brand new colony.


Damn my iPod!