Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Evil

TOUGHENING UP, FOR ONCE

I spent this past Sunday lounging on my couch, I like do on most Sundays. I lounge in such a way as to suggest that there's no muscle mass in my body whatsoever. When I lounge, I am shapeless. I am structureless. There is nothing to sustain the weight of my head. Such is the state of my physical being.

On this particular Sunday, I watched the NYC Marathon on TV. Some British chick with a crazy bobbing head won on the women's side. On the men's side, some American dude was in contention and I was rooting for him not because he was American per se, but because he had these cool ass knee-high socks. I gotta get me some of those!

Watching the marathon got me thinking... it's time to toughen up! Yes, my friends. You are indeed thinking what I'm thinking:

XTIAN and Jon-El, you two are signing up for the 2005 NYC Marathon. You have exactly 1 year (umm, minus a couple of days). Start training. Just to set the example of toughness for you two, I will do it too. In fact, I started training as of Sunday night! Ran 0.25 miles on the treadmill and lemme tell you, I WAS SPENT! But last night, I did a full 1.0 mile. That's a 4x improvement!!! Let me take a moment to flex. WOOO!