Friday, July 11, 2003

LXG

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is getting killed in the reviews. Did anyone realize that Elvis Mitchell reads comic books. He made an allusion to issue 2 of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (vol 2), the scene where Mr. Hyde rapes and kills the Invisible Man which I thought was pretty grim. Obviously, stuff like that can't be in the movie. Grow up Elvis, this is meant to be for kids. Roger Ebert in his review pointed out that there are no streets in Venice, which is true and will now prevent me from enjoying the movie. Thanks.

I like James Robinson, he wrote my favorite comic of the late 90's, Starman for DC Comics. I like Steven Norrington, he did Blade, an underrated movie. I like placing blame. Its what I do best. So I am going to blame Don Murphy and the ego of Sean Connery for this travesty of a movie.

Addendum
NY Times continues to dump on LXG and they give the Comic Book props while doing so.

Read that HERE.