Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Evil
My apologies for yesterday's post! It's true... I have a really bad gauge as to where "the line" is. It's like how some people can't tell they're talking WAY too loud or how other people have really bad gaydar. Even before Sleave's comment, I had been thinking about "the line." See, I was on the crosstown bus the other day... I was sitting down, the bus was somewhat crowded and a woman with a bulge in her belly came and stood in front of me. I glanced up at her real quick but I couldn't immediately tell whether she was pregnant or just a little chubby in the lower tummy area. You know how women tend to get that little paunch down there. Anyhoo... the girl next to me stands up and offers her seat to the woman, who I GUESS was pregnant. They both shot me a dirty look. It made me feel like a bad person.

But really... where is the line for giving up your seat to a pregnant woman? If you do it too early, the woman might not be actually pregnant and would thus be insulted, right? Someone give me a pointer here. I only want to be a decent human being.

So as not to end on such a morally ambiguous note, I'd just like to point out that an Indian man has Elizabeth Hurley wrapped around his little finger. Hmmm... let's see... Indian man + hot English woman. MR. SHOULDERS: you know what you have to do! Now go do it.