Monday, July 14, 2003

Evil
There's a site that takes long-ass URLs and gives you back a short URL for easier use. I think that's pretty cool. For example:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/14/
international/worldspecial/14CND-IRAQ.html?hp


becomes: http://tinyurl.com/gxha

HOW DOES THAT WORK? Since I know there are at least three computer science majors out there, I thought this might be an interesting thing to think about. According to the site, the short redirection links never expire, so they are not recycled. To be honest, I don't really expect Big Head or Mr. Shoulders to come up with an explaination, but Ken is Japanese, so Ken... don't disappoint!

(Unrelated...) By the way, X-TIAN: that girl's official nickname is "No Incidental Contact Girl." Missing the "No" part makes a big difference. It's like the time that I had knee problems and told my Crazy White Friend that the doctor had prescribed "inflammatories" (as opposed to anti-inflammatories). Needless to say, she laughed at me for being a clown.

(Unrelated still...) Lastly, here is picture #2 from the "Bad Parenting Photos" series.