Thursday, July 24, 2003

Huh indeed!

Public Transportation
As a rule, its pretty scummy for a man to sit in a seat on any public transportation if it is more than 3/4 full. Just stay standing you avoid any such confusion. Unless you are hung over or falling asleep then do what you want. I was hung over once and fell asleep on the shoulder of the 50 year old woman sitting next to me. For some reason she did not mind I think she might have liked it. My hair smells good sometimes, so I can see why.

The stuff that gets me is when people get all possesive about seats.

Total sidebar about public transportation, the only really scummy move I have ever seen on some public transportation is this. One saturday I was going to work (that's a giveaway it was 1999 or 2000) and it was early. I was standing there reading the paper or something and this crazy white lady gets on all frazzled and crazy and white. She sees this Latino dude with his little boy. The little boy is passed out and taking up two seats. The woman gets all worked up and entitled and jsut picks the kid up and tosses him on the dad. The guy is dumbfounded and says something to her in spanish. The lady just sits down and ignores him. THEN she friggin gets off 2 stops later. SHE CANT JUST STAND FOR 3.5 minutes? She's gotta put her hands on someone's kid? WHAT? I was so pissed off that when she was getting off she walked by me, I stuck my foot out and tripped her as she got off the subway, she stumbled around a bit while I laughed and pointed safely behind a closing subway door.