Monday, October 12, 2009

Things Going on in My Life That I Will Write About in Short, Numbered Items

1) Cooking With KillerB is on hiatus. KillerB's stove is on the fritz. KillerB has fingers crossed for a Viking from the landlady

2) KillerB's in-laws spent the last 2 weekends sleeping on his pull-out sofa - including this weekend, which marked 1 year anniversary of marriage to KillerB2. Was this some kind of test? Did I pass?

3) Waiting for said in-laws at an upper East Side restaurant on Saturday night, a half drunk, 80ish year old man asked me if I had come from the Army v Vanderbilt game (I had not). He was pumped about the Army victory. He played at Army when they won the national championships in 1944/45. He was an offensive lineman. He told me he weighs 4 pounds more now than he did then, which was 258. What's the average weight on the Florida O line? 320>

4) Took a tour of the Woolworth Building on Saturday with some know-it-all smarty pants who wrote a book about it. It took her 12 years. Good Gravy. This post took me 12 seconds.