Saturday, October 10, 2009

Moral Question

Evil

For once, I have a moral question that does not involve baskets...

OK, it seems like the overwhelming sentiment is that the FOX series Glee is worth watching. I'd like to start watching this series, but since I am in China, I can't watch this show via normal means:

- FOX does not broadcast to China
- Hulu and Fox.com are blocked in China because they only have distribution rights in the US

So the moral question is this: is there anything wrong with me downloading the episodes on Bit Torrent? My rationale is that if I were to watch it on TV when I'm at home in NYC, I wouldn't pay anything. I would fast forward through all the commercials via DVR. If I were to watch it on Hulu, I would pay anything either. So is there anything morally wrong with Bit Torrent'ing the episodes?