Monday, July 19, 2004

Evil
 
GETTING OLDER BUT NOT GROWING UP
 
Early Sunday, someone called me, sounding distressed. "Yo," he says. "Yo, whatup," I say. "Yo, help me figure something out," he says. "Yah, whatup," I say.
 
He wants me to walk him through how I manage to pay my rent each month. Specifically, now that he's graduated business school and has a job working for The Man, he himself wants to know how he's going to make his own rent payments.
 
How absurd is this question? Someone who is going to pull in well over six figures per year should not have dillemas about maintaining food, shelter, and clothing at livable levels. I think someone needs to grow up. I think someone needs to stop prefacing his sentences with "Now that I'm an adult..." and actually starting being an adult.
 
Shout out to Someone Who Does Not Know What She Wants (SWDNKWSW)!
 
Evil, OUT.