Thursday, July 31, 2008

Emotional Roller Coaster

Evil

Read something in the news this morning that only added to my personal and professional crisis of feeling like I'm not making enough progress in my career (and life in general). According to various news sources, Google is starting up a venture capital group within the company and the guy tapped to run it is only 33! Argh! That's only 1 year older than me. Am I in a position to get such a job in just 1 year? I think not. Thus, I am falling behind.

Luckily, my sorrows have been tempered by Facebook. Someone who I knew in junior high school just friended me. I gladly accepted and immediately went to check out his profile.

Still single. (HAH!) Totally a fat slob now. (Great!) After junior high, he attended the local high school, which was a bad one. (Sucka!) After the local high school, he attended the local community college. (No Ivy for you!)

Someone asked why I am comparing myself to him. That's a crazy question because I compare myself to everyone. Someone is either doing better or doing worse than me. I make mental notes of it with every single person I meet or even hear about. So there.