Sunday, February 10, 2008

Poll Results

Evil
As you might have deduced from the most recent poll question, I've lately been thinking about adopting a baby. No, I'm not married. I don't even have a girlfriend. So why would I want a baby? Well, it just seems like it would be fun to have a little person around the house. People with kids (like my sister) seem to be having such a good time. And kids are so handy, because you can teach them things. Like fetching your slippers. Or answering the phone and telling your mom that you're not home (even though you really are).

According to the poll results, none of you wanted me to adopt a Chinese baby. Interesting. I'm Chinese, but I shouldn't adopt a Chinese baby. I think the underlying message here is that if I want a Chinese baby, I should just make it naturally. Okay, fair enough.

But you generally seemed okay with a Cambodian, African, or Russian baby. I could see any of these options happening. Except if the Russian baby is a girl. I can't adopt a Russian girl baby because one day she'll grow up to be a super hot teen and that'll just be weird if I'm her daddy.

Perhaps the most interesting result is the winning option: "It's wiser to start with a dog." What are you Hosers trying to say? That I'm not capable of taking care of a child? :( Maybe you're right. I hear kids are a lot of work and I've never in my life changed a diaper. So I've given some thought to dog options. I have two favorites thus far: a Boston Terrier and a Smooth Fox Terrier. I ran the dog idea by Mamacita and she didn't sound so thrilled. She asked if I would be able to take care of a dog. Argh! Can't take care of a dog? Man, now I am doubting if I can take care of anything. How about a cat? They're less work, right? I was thinking about one of those freaky looking hairless cats.