Sunday, February 10, 2008

Life Update

Evil


The last time I saw Evil Twin #2, we went running in Central Park. At one point, I mentioned, "Yeah, only a couple more weeks of bumming around for me. Then it'll be all over." ET#2 responded, "Oh, so you're headed out to China in a couple of weeks?"

Which made me realize that I hadn't been good at giving people the general life update. As you may know, my original plan was to go to India for 6 weeks, then spend Christmas and New Years in NYC, and then head out to China for 12 weeks. But the China plan is now out. Instead, I'll be staying in NYC and starting a new job tomorrow.

I'm pretty excited. My ex-manager left my ex-company a year before I did. He's been at this new company for a year and hasn't hanged himself or anything. Actually, he seems to be doing quite well. He'd been trying to get me to go over there for a some time and now seems like a pretty good time. It'll be a little different from my last job, but some things will still carry over. One thing that'll change is that I'll have to start dressing more like an adult.

At my last job, it was common for me to wear jeans to work. And sneakers. Sometimes, I wouldn't wear shoes at all. I'd just walk around in socks and people would comment on my socks if they were colorful or had a cute pattern on them. The new job is actually a good opportunity to adult-ify my wardrobe, which I think is a good thing in the end. Today, I went out and bought myself a new pair of cufflinks (see pics above). Aren't they cute!?