Monday, January 12, 2009

Watching Oprah So I Don't Have To

Dear KillerB2:

Thank you for watching Oprah. I really appreciate it. As a married couple, there are a lot of efficiencies we've realized - things that only 1 of us has to do, but both of us benefit from. Cooking, for example. I love cooking, and I think I do a pretty good job of it, and we have a terribly tiny kitchen, and you aren't so into it, so that's something that I'm happy to do for the both of us. Forever.

On the other hand, you love watching Oprah on your Tivo, and you often give me 30 second summaries of the show which I often find helpful and informative (but occasionally idiotic - that man giving birth to a baby episode, for example). But I could never, in a kabillion drillion years, imagine I might sit through a whole episode myself. So thank you for that. Thank you for saving me from ever needing to watch Oprah, despite my admission that it might be useful.

If you ever want to know the Cubs score without watching the Cubs game, I've got your back on that too.

Love, KillerB