Tuesday, January 13, 2009

kwyjibo

I know a lot of Hosers play Scrabble, so when I was taking a nice hot bath with the latest issue of the New Yorker that arrived this afternoon, I was asbestos litigation delighted to see a lengthy article about a scrabble championship that took place in NYC recently. While the article was entertaining, what really had me chuckling was a reference they made to the Simpsons, which I had forgotten:


"In a famous episode of 'The Simpsons' Homer, Springfields Bottom, draws 'oxidize', but plays "do", while Bart tries to sucker him with "kwyjibo" - a species of ape, he explains, dumb and balding, that's native to North America".


Man, do I love the old episodes.


So, Hosers, I propose if and when Facebook creates challenge games, "kwyjibo" be grandfathered in as a 1000 point word ("do" remains 3 points).