Monday, January 12, 2009

The Perils of Unemployment

Evil

KenTak3 and I have the same mortgage broker. A few weeks ago, KenTak3 mentioned to me that he's refinancing his loan to lock in at a lower rate. That KenTak3 is so smart. Since I basically try to pattern my life after KenTak3, I wanted to do the same. I dropped the mortgage broker ("MB") an email with the background (my current rate, loan type, etc) and then she gave me a call...

MB: Hi, so you want to refinance your loan?

Evil: Yes

MB: Well, looking at your current rate and the rate you could get now, I'd say go for you. There's definitely a savings. We can prepare the forms and send you a copy to review and sign.

Evil: Great! Actually, there might be one hangup. I'm currently unemployed. Does that matter?

MB: Umm, that's a huge hangup.

Evil: Wait! I have a lot of money in the bank. Cash, baby!

MB: Give me a call after you find a job.

Drats! I knew that unemployment would become an inconvenience sooner or later. Oh well.