Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Tuesday Quickies...

Happy Tuesday, Hosers! Here are some quickies...

  • I am trying to grow a beard for "Manuary." The key word here is trying because the results have been a little spotty. Not big surprise there, but it's still fun watching the beard try to grow in. I look in the mirror about 25 times a day now. Need to check on the beard and see how it's doing.
  • For me (and many others, I suspect), veggies taste better when they taste meaty. That's why you can make a "burger" from a portobello mushroom. It has a meaty texture and look. I had some swiss chard in the fridge yesterday and decided to try something new: adding achovies. Like this: Heat some olive oil and minced garlic until the garlic starts to get aromatic. Add two achovy fillets and break them up in the oil. Add a bunch of swiss chard and heat til the leaves wilt. Season with pepper (no salt since the anchovies already provide saltiness). I quite liked the result because it tasted very meaty to me.
  • iPhone app recommendation: Ward Warp. It's a pretty addictive game. I've been playing it every day to help my Scrabble training. Need to recognize words faster! Must... defeat... Mamacita! (And everyone else!) Evil Twin #1 played Word Warp for 2 or 3 hours straight while bumming on my couch on New Years Day.