Monday, January 05, 2009

Something To Do After The Ship Has Sailed...

Evil

When we were all at dinner the other night, Mamacita leaned over and whispered to me, "I vote for S.T."

I asked, "S.T.?"

"Snaggle Tooth! I like her!"

It's no surprise that Mamacita likes Snaggles. I think one of Snaggle's best features is that she's socially graceful. She can hang out and make friends with new people in a very chill way. (Not in a way that begs for attention, which is also seen as outgoing, but has a somewhat different result.)

I leaned over and said to Mamacita, "That ship has sailed."

And indeed it has. It's still fun to hang out with Snaggles, but it's just hanging out. So what does one do when the ship has sailed (and another has sunk... we shall call that ship R)?

There's this girl who I first met in a professional context. We almost ended up working together, but as luck would have it, she went to a different company but we stayed in touch. We would catch up over drinks every few months... all fairly professional, yet friendly and comfortable interactions. We'd email from time to time. I'd ask some friends about this and some would say, "Don't confuse friendliness with flirtiness." But no! She is flirting with me. I can tell these things. I am aware of my surroundings and people's subtle cues. And also because I showed one of her emails to Evil Twin #2 and she replied, "Definitely flirty!"

I am seeing this girl next week. There is one minor hurdle in that she currently has a boyfriend, but I am guessing he's on the outs. It'll be my job to usher that second foot out the door and all will be good.